Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Heaven and Hell



"What dreadful hot weather we have!
It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance."
- Jane Austen

Texas in August is truly inelegant, with temperatures above 100 every day this week, I have been pouring through these images from Yoshihiko's book of the Quinault Indian Reservation and wishing I lived on the West coast. Cool and shady.

This turn of the century pub called Hell's cafe is cool in another way and reminds me of the catacombs in Paris. It's one of my favorite pictures. I saved it from the back page of a National Geographic about 12 years ago.

Hope you are nice and cool where you are!

2 comments:

  1. Am not, Virginia is another circle of hell, one with humidity.

    Pictures were cool and refreshing though.

    But now I have to go back outside to the arid, bug riddled area I used to call a a garden.

    Help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone's garden around here is being eaten by locusts, there are tons! It truly is hell! I hope you find some respite and cool during the weekend!

    ReplyDelete