Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The I can't believe I found this but I would never wear it necklace!




Not that I don't love it...I do! This is one of those great finds, that you just can't believe you came across, lurking in the back of an antique mall. I actually passed it up, not really understanding what I just saw. But then my fingers found it again hanging on a huge stand with other necklaces.
A beautiful 1970s mixed media turquoise chunk necklace. The stone has a small hole in the top and a woven net of gold thread has been wrapped around one side of it and laced around the other to cage the stone. The net follows up through the hole and threads around the natural rope necklace. Its quite mesmerizing really, but the thing with necklaces, even though I love them, truly I never wear them. I have tons and I wear them maybe once or twice a year. This one is too great to covet and not let see the sunshine. So it is being offered to you...in No Carnations right now!

2 comments:

  1. Actually that's pretty gorgeous :) But I too couldn't pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PRETTY, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW THE LAST OWNER WORE IT...

    ReplyDelete