Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Whites


It has been hot enough for a while here in Texas to send us into our closets looking for the lightest whitest thing we have, but Jan over at Scoutie Girl (click here) featured the tank below from my No Carnations shop in a great montage on her website this morning, which has inspired me to list a few of my favorites as well.

Up-cycled Victorian Lace Tank...
This used to be a man's linen/cotton blend dress shirt. The material was so fine that I could not pass it up, even though I had no idea what I was going to use it for. Eventually the sleeves become Lavender Sachets and strips of linen lace for gift wrapping, but I still had the bodice so I
added elastic to the top and waist to bring in the over-sized fabric, hemmed the bottom and created the straps from some old Victorian lace that I had. A little bit more lace to dress up the waistline and Voila!

Here are some of my favorites Summer whites from Sundance. They have expanded recently to include a line of sophisticated yet hip clothing called Trish's closet. I think you will really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment