Saturday, July 4, 2009

A bit of Americana



This July 4th is a working weekend for me and I am extremely jealous of everyone out there who has these three days off, but I wanted to post some photos in any case. I enjoy photography and decided to post a few pictures from my hometown and surrounding areas that really tell my American story of where I grew up and how this land has shaped me. This land is your land, this land is my land....

The field tractor for mowing at my husband's family farm house in Georgia...


Sunset in the back yard in Georgia- mid summer and spiderwort growing by the barn...


The house on the corner of River Street in White Springs Florida...my hometown. I love the Spanish moss in this photo.


The Spring House in White Springs Florida, everyone's favorite swimming hole, on the banks of the Suwannee River. Ernest Hemingway and Theodore Roosevelt once came here for the healing properties of what was once considered a high end resort town and health spa!



The Telford Hotel on River Street in Historic White Springs.


A few Water Garden shots from 105 degree hot sunny Texas...my transplant home!

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment